About how important the right food for the child’s vision , probably knows most of the caring parents. The well-being of the baby’s eye health, their resistance to everyday stress, visual acuity during the day and in twilight conditions directly depend on the usefulness of the child’s diet and its optimal saturation with beneficial components.
How to save the child’s vision: nutrition and vitamins
The most important for children’s vision are the following vitamins:
- Vitamin A. Responsible for the preservation of the functions of the retina and prevents the occurrence cataracts. The lack of this vitamin in the body leads to a decrease in visual acuity in poor light and in twilight conditions.
- Vitamins of group B. Provide full blood supply to the eyeballs and support the normal functioning of the organs of vision. Prolonged lack of B-group vitamins in the body can lead to deterioration of general eye health, impaired vision quality and the development of cataracts.
- Vitamin C. It helps to strengthen the walls of the capillaries of the eyeballs. A common consequence of the systematic lack of vitamin C in the child’s body is a reduction in the tone of the eye muscles, increased eye fatigue and capillary destruction.
- Vitamin E. Sufficient availability of this vitamin in the children’s body is an important key to the health of the child’s eyes. Prolonged deficiency of vitamin E is often the cause of the development of pathologies of the eye retina.
In addition to the mandatory presence in the diet of vitamins, responsible for child’s vision, proper nutrition assumes the optimum saturation of the children’s menu with microelements necessary for eye health – potassium, zinc, calcium, copper, iodine, chromium and manganese.
Child’s vision: proper nutrition and healthy foods
To ensure your child the maximum safety of view, form child’s diet based on products especially rich in eye-beneficial vitamins and minerals. The range of recommended components for children’s menu:
- chicken eggs;
- carrots and beets;
- fermented milk products and milk;
- sea fish and seafood;
- leafy vegetables;
- apricots and dried apricots;
- dark chocolate;
- nuts and seeds;
Nutrition for the child’s sight: advice to parents
To organize the best nutrition for the child, take into account several important recommendations:
- Try to exclude refined and demineralized foods from your baby’s diet – sugar, sweet soda, canned food and purchased juices, jams, cakes, etc.
- Serve vegetables, greens and fruits to the child, if possible, raw, as vitamin C is destroyed when heated.
- It is best to make salads and juice from carrots; at the same time it is necessary to fill the dishes with vegetable oil or sour cream, and add a little cream to the drink. The fact is that beta-carotene and vitamin A are broken down only when interacting with fats.
Now you know, how to keep the child’s sight; Nutrition , aimed at providing the body of the baby with useful minerals and vitamins for the eyes, in combination with other relevant factors of a healthy lifestyle, will make an excellent prevention of children’s eye diseases.