What only diseases do not exist. In humans, the joints, the head, and the internal organs can hurt, and there are about one hundred skin diseases alone. Eyelashes are no exception and may also suffer from various pathologies. One of the diseases is hypotrichosis of the eyelashes, which is characterized by excessive hair loss and brittleness of the hair, framing the eyelids.
What is hypotrichosis of the eyelashes
In addition to the aesthetic appearance, the main purpose of eyelashes is to protect the eye from the ingress of foreign bodies, and this disease can deprive a person of both of these functions.
What is hypotrichosis ? Under normal condition on the eyelids eyelashes are arranged in several rows. In the upper eyelid, there are about two hundred hairs in a person, and in the lower eyelid, almost two times less. A normal occurrence is loss of up to 5 cilia per day. Hair on the eyelids is also updated, as well as on the head, and live no more than four months.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
Hypotrichosis is congenital and acquired. The cause of the first state of vegetation for centuries is, as a rule, genetic inheritance. But the root of the loss of eyelashes, not bearing a hereditary character, can be very different:
- injury century mechanical way ;
- defeat of hair follicles by parasites ( demodicosis );
- face burn with chemicals or fire;
- infectious diseases (tuberculosis, syphilis);
- violation work immune systems ;
- exposure permanent stress ;
- use of low-quality cosmetics;
- avitaminosis, in particular the lack of vitamin E ;
- chemotherapy and radiation therapy .
Symptoms of the disease in congenital hypotrichosis is the partial or complete absence of eyelashes, eyebrows and hair on the head from the moment of birth. This disease is quite rare, is equally found in both sexes and is not treatable.
Acquired pathology is a consequence of any problem affecting the hair follicles or the structure of the eyelashes.
Hypotrichosis is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- loss of a large number of eyelashes;
- brittle and thin hairs on the eyelids;
- slow growth;
- the appearance of split ends.
How to treat hypotrichosis
The negative impact on vegetation on the eyelids can be local, for example, cosmetics, or it can manifest itself as a consequence of a general body problem. Therefore, before treating hypotrichosis of natural eyelashes, it is necessary to find out the cause of their loss.
If the disease is associated with a lack of vitamins in the body, then it is worthwhile to address this deficiency. If the problem lies in thyroid dysfunction, then there will be no improvement in the local treatment of hypotrichosis until the endocrine system is solved. And the visible additional symptoms of problems in endocrinology are weight gain, swelling, weakness. Having such signs, it is worth referring to a narrowly focused specialist. And only after solving the main task, you can begin to reanimate the growth of hairs.
Recovery of the body after chemotherapy takes a considerable period and the growth of new hairs of the eyelids is only a matter of time. However, in this case, you can help yourself by applying topically castor oil with the addition of almond oil in a 1: 1 ratio. Every day, lubricating the place of growth of eyelashes, you can quickly return to its former beauty.
If the loss of vegetation on the eyelids is associated with blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids) and in addition to the rare hairs there is swelling, redness, burning sensation and the presence of crusts, then first of all it is worthwhile to treat the underlying eye disease.
Rare and brittle eyelashes can be due to a microscopic mite that affects the hair follicles. This pathology is called demodecosis of the eyes, which is accompanied by itching, especially in the morning, sharp and sticky secretions . With this reason, the loss of eyelashes is necessary to get rid of the pathogen of pathology, and after that you can safely take up the restoration of healthy hair growth.
Having ascertained the true cause of fragility and rarity of eyelashes and having solved this issue, in addition to the local treatment of hypotrichosis , the following tips should be followed:
- Always flush makeup before bedtime. But this must be done not with soap, which dries the skin, but with vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, corn).
- Use therapeutic oils (burdock, linseed, peach, almond), putting them on the eyelids once a day.
- Make lotions from medicinal herbs (chamomile, eyebright, sage, calendula).
All of the above recommendations are good in the absence of diseases of the eyes and the body, which could cause loss of cilia. If thinning of hairs on the eyelids was provoked by low-quality cosmetics or vitamin deficiencies, then strengthening with natural substances will help the resumption of the growth of new vegetation.
Treatment methods folk remedies
Treatment of acquired hypotrichosis is possible using unconventional methods at home, if the pathology is not associated with the main diseases of the body.
Effective ways are the following recipes of folk remedies:
- Brew leaf green tea (1 tbsp. Spoon per cup of boiling water) and insist one hour. Then strain, soak cotton leaves in broth and apply to eyes. Lie down for 20 minutes. The procedure can be repeated every day throughout the week. In this way, you can not only strengthen weak hairs, but also moisturize the skin around the eyes.
- In the pharmacy, purchase vitamin E in capsules. Healing liquid of one capsule is enough to smear the eyelids of both eyes once. The elastic sheath should be pierced with a toothpick and a cotton swab applied to the upper and lower eyelids. Flush vitamin is not worth it. The procedure should be repeated every evening for one month. After a couple of weeks, it will be possible to observe improvements.
- Castor oil is an indispensable tool for the growth, strengthening and improvement of eyelashes and eyebrows. It can be used both in pure form and diluted with other medicinal oils. The only condition for obtaining the desired result is a systematic application to the problem area. Castor oil should be used at least three times a week for at least one month. However, it is worth being careful when applying the product so that it does not get into the eyes.
Do not forget that problems with eyelashes may be the result of more serious diseases. If, in addition to fragility and hair loss, there are other symptoms, then you should consult a specialist and conduct the necessary research.